I’ve been eating red meat less and less lately… And the more I stray from the heavier meats, the less I crave them. Recently, fish like salmon, tuna, and trout have been monopolizing my appetite instead. Just last week I succumbed to my crab cakes craving- again!
Trout is surprisingly good for you too. Unlike oceanic predators like tuna, farmed trout is incredibly low in contaminants like mercury. Which makes it safe to eat for pregnant women, as well as young children. 1 serving contains a significant portion of the recommended daily amounts of protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins. So besides this recipe being healthy and nutritious, it only takes roughly 20 minutes to throw together. Depending on your chopping skills of course…
- 1 whole trout per two people
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
For the Side Salad:
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 sliced organic cucumber
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
The Super Easy Trout Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425C and stuff the trout with lemon slices, rosemary, butter and salt.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt (for a crispy and tasty skin) and place the whole trout on a butter greased baking sheet.
- The fish will take 10-15 minutes to bake (depending on desired doneness). Begin chopping apples and cucumbers for simple salad.
- Remove the fish from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Toss salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper, and serve as an easy and refreshing side with the trout.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and get inspired to make something from scratch at home. Whatever you decide to create, know that you’re feeling your body the right way. Unless of course this inspired you to bake a chocolate souffle. Then just do you boo boo! x